One Size Doesn't Fit All
An effective backup and recovery system balances simplicity with the advanced functionality needed to support complex environments. This paper discusses how to find the right solution for your organization.
Trends in Data Protection Modernization in 2012
This ESG paper examines why an organization's data may not be as well-protected as it thinks. Learn about areas where you might be over confident and how to better protect data in a virtualized environment.
Reduce OpEx While Accelerating Server Virtualization Projects
Server virtualization can cut operational expenses, but too often this benefit is offset by unnecessary spending on data backup and recovery. Check out this ESG white paper on ways to lower data protection costs while moving to a virtualized infrastructure.
Boost Employee Productivity with Cloud-based Email and Endpoint Security
Download "Benchmark Family Services: Cloud-based Email and Endpoint Security Keeps "People People" Productive" to learn how these technologies will allow you to:
- Keep important records and communication safe and secure
- Save time with simplified, centralized, Web-based management
- Leverage hosted solutions that are flexible and economical
Download this customer success story to find out how you can maintain trouble-free computers for the "people people" in your organization while keeping IT staff costs low and boosting employee productivity.
Non-Profit Launches Extensive Virtualization on Tight Budget
Child Advocates, a Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program helps abused, neglected and abandoned children. Their biggest challenge is budget, so they are creative with resources, including their plan to launch extensive virtualization. Three of its five physical servers are virtual hosts holding 20+ guest servers. Because Houston sits in a hurricane zone, it's vital to protect the data on those servers-some of which is highly confidential-with reliable backups and offsite data storage.
Download "SMB Snapshot: Child Advocates, Inc." to learn about the benefits the non-profit has achieved by launching its extensive cloud-based backup solutions, including:
- Cutting administrative time
- Relieving the IT team of backup-related storage-management issues
- Transporting vital data off-site, which supports disaster recovery and business continuity directives
Download this white paper to learn how you can leverage virtualization technology to reduce management hassles, and save time and money.
3 Key Survey Findings: Endpoint Security Best Practices
Combining the frequency of attack with the magnitude, the typical organization incurred $470,000 in losses due to endpoint cyber attacks in the past 12 months. There is no silver bullet or single solution that will prevent all attacks, but there are steps you should take.
Download "2012 Endpoint Security Best Practices Survey" to reduce the risk of a successful cyber attack, by taking steps such as:
- Assessing the risk by identifying and classifying confidential information
- Minimizing the risk by implementing a multi-layer protection strategy to minimize the risk of exploited endpoints
- Ensuring you are prepared by creating a full incident response plan
Download this white paper to learn how top-tier organizations can fare better against attacks by employing the latest in endpoint protection technologies and practices, while simultaneously saving money.
Understanding the Behaviors of Today's Malware
A new generation of customized, tightly targeted, and byte-level obfuscated malicious code (malware) disguises its appearance to evade reactive security measures of all kinds, specifically signature-based antivirus solutions. But while each new instance in a malware family may appear different, its behavior can't be disguised.
Download "Adaptive Behavior-Based Malware Protection" to understand how the new enterprise and consumer threats follow vectors such as:
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), remote-access Trojans, spyware and keyloggers
- Social-engineering exploits disguised as antivirus software, key generators, and video codecs to trick users into installing malware
- Bot software and drive-by downloads that automatically add systems to botnets
Download this white paper to recognize the consistent goals of malware creators- fraud, theft, vandalism, and defamation-and how to get ahead of their narrow range of behaviors to successfully avoid threats to your organization.
How to Combat a Dramatic Rise in Internet Attacks
The number of targeted attacks increased dramatically during 2011 from an average of 77 per day in 2010 to 82 per day in 2011. And advanced persistent threats (APTs) attracted more public attention as the result of some well publicized incidents. Targeted attacks use customized malware and refined targeted social engineering to gain unauthorized access to sensitive information.
Download "Internet Security Threat Report" to learn how APTs differ from conventional targeted attacks in significant ways such as:
- Highly customized tools and intrusion techniques
- Stealthy, patient, persistent methods to reduce the risk of detection
- High-value, national objectives such as military, political or economic intelligence
Download this white paper to safeguard your organization from external threats that will continue to multiply, as well as the insider threats that will continue to make news headlines in the future.
Choosing the Right Endpoint Protection Platform: Magic Quadrant
Endpoint protection platforms continue to struggle to block typical malware threats, and are even less effective with low-volume targeted attacks. A few vendors have started to provide proactive tools, such as vulnerability detection and application control, that reduce the attack surface.
Download "Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms" to learn how vendors stack up based upon product differentiators such as:
- Anti-malware Detection and Prevention Capabilities
- Management and Reporting Capabilities
- Application Management Capability
Download this white paper to find out which solutions will provide the features or enhancements that will result in the highest possible detection rates and improved ability to reduce the attack surface on endpoints for your organization.